Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New Fraction

The scarf is now 1/8th of the way there! The official length count as of tonight is 507.6 feet.

In other news: the cat decided to um... help me sort the yarn. Yeah, that's it, sort the yarn! This led to all the yarn sitting on the table waiting to become part of the scarf getting impressively tangled. The end result of that was 2 hours of ball winding and some truly interesting color combinations coming out of the resulting mystery ball. I'm down to the last of that little ball and then onto some yarn that eilonwy sent me.
I've also decided to work on the Ships Project this month. This project gets handmade hats and slippers and scarves to military personnel overseas. So far I've gotten two hats done and I hope to have at least 3 or 4 more done by the next ship date in January. I got most of the second hat knitted tonight while we went to see "The Fantastic Mr. Fox," which was entertaining, but not quite what I expected.

No comments: