Thursday, October 30, 2008

The skein of the blue thread

Once upon a time, the wonderful spinner Eilonwy, of http://www.project-cat.blogspot.com/

fame, sent me a box of yarn she had spun. One of the skeins was an innocent looking skein of mixed fibers plyed with blue sewing thread. Little did I know what I was getting myself into.





I began to knit. And the skein kept going ..

and going





and going

And going.

(I'll skip the next 5 pictures and get right on to the end...)


Until finally, the skein was finished...


2 comments:

The Commissioner said...

::Giggle:: This makes me happy. :D

Any chance we could see bigger pictures? I wanted to see my yarn a bit closer, but when I click on the peek-chures they aren't any bigger. :(

I'm glad you like the yarn. There's more in a box that will, someday, be sent to you. I'm hoping for Saturday...

The Commissioner said...

Oh! Also! This weekend there will be handspun yarn listed on my Etsy site. In case anyone's interested. :)