Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 4 contd again


136 inches.
I started the next yarn in the mystery ball (yarn 11) It's a blue velvet that I've had for decades.

If I remember correctly, I got it when KnitOne closed in the mid '90's. It, like the sari silk, had been worked up and I took it apart to add to the scarf. I finished the cotton and started on the velvet while watching "The Big Sleep," which was about five different shades of awesome. It's my first Chandler. It was interesting comparing it to "The Maltese Falcon," which I've listened to as and audio book.
Kniting-wise, Drew and I rounded the end goal up to 50,000 inches for math's sake and calculated that it would take approximately 1,000 days at my present rate. Granted thta I don't expect to keep this rate up, I thought of Shannon Hale's "Book of a Thousand Days." I like having something in common with that heroine even if it is just a number.

No comments: