Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 7

260 inches

I finished the mystery ball and have started the first full skein (yarn 17) in the scarf. It's a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Sand Dune. I bought two skeins to do a set of knee socks, but I didn't like the shape once I started knitting so into the scarf it went.

Last night I went up to Drew's balcony and let the whole thing unroll onto the floor below. It made a really satisfying "whomp." Then I stretched it from the arm of the couch to the upstairs bathroom door, went downstairs and knitted from there. I'm looking forward to storing it upstairs and knitting downstairs.
I've promised Drew that when it's all done he can have it as a bean bag chair.
I had a lovely conversation with two customers at work about it. It's a no-stress project, which I need desperately right now. The beauty of this project is that it's got a definate goal and end point, but the amount of time it takes to get there or even if I do get there is irrelevant. In the current haze of mom/house/work that makes me very happy.

No comments: